GRACIE NEWS

JOIN THE FAMILY

Enter your E-mail address to join the Gracie Insider family! Get the Gracie Breakdowns, Gracie Diet Videos, seminar announcements, and contest notifications sent directly to your inbox - for free!

Please fill out the information below
Email Address*
 

Gracie News

How to Apply Self-defense in EVERY Roll

January 7, 2016

New Year's Jiu-Jitsu Resolution with Master Pedro Sauer

If you haven't chosen your jiu-jitsu resolution for the New Year, this one's for you. When you hear the term "self-defense," you typically think of punch protection, distance management and multiple attackers, but the reality is these only encompass 10% of self-defense. Joined by special guest Master Pedro Sauer, Ryron and Rener discuss the secrets to the remaining 90%, and explain how "self-defense" can be applied in every roll, even when punches are absent. To increase your efficiency and maximize your jiu-jitsu lifespan, do your best to follow the advice in this video, even if the culture of your academy is conducive to the efficient approach.