- The Academy
- Training Programs
- Certified Training Centers
- Certified Belt Holders
- Gracie News
- Gracie Store
In order to get to know our students
better, we've added a section to the Ask the Gracies forum called
"Student Stories" in which students tell their stories by answering 13
1. How did you get introduced to Gracie Jiu-Jitsu? A good friend introduced me to it and I trained briefly at a Gracie Barra school in Clearwater, FL under Eduardo De Lima.
2. How did you hear about Gracie
University? I found it on the Gracie Academy website.
3. How long have you been training? I trained briefly for a few months in 2006, and then started again via Gracie University four days ago.
4. Where did you find your training partner? I asked a good friend if he would be interested. He's a Deputy Sheriff and though it would help him also.
5. How deep are you in the
curriculum? We just completed lesson 3 today. We keep running through all of the lessons multiple times though.
6. What has been the greatest challenge with your GU learning experience? I really don't have any complaints. You guys are doing an amazing thing here.
7. What is your favorite part about the GU learning experience?
I love the fact that you can rewind so easily, and the fact that
everything is laid out so precisely. I like the organization and
implementation of the lessons. This is accelerating the learning time
of me and my training partner dramatically.
8. Have you ever used your techniques in a street fight? No, I hope I never have to. However, I train like it'll happen tonight.
9. Have you ever been in a situation where you wish you would have known GJJ? Yes, I've been in a handful of fights. Some where I could have really used GJJ. If I would have known how to
"trap and roll" it would have saved me a few black eyes.
10. Aside from the enhanced self-defense skills, in what ways has GJJ affected your life? I lost 6 pounds in 4 days and feel more enabled to protect myself and my family.
11. Who do you know who can benefit from GJJ, and how can they benefit? Everyone needs to know GJJ to protect themselves (except
the bad guys).Knowing how to save your life is the main benefit.
12. If you had to change one thing about Gracie University, what would it be? I would like to see a lot more on the Gracie Diet.
13. Anything else you want to share? Thank you guys for all you do!!
That's John's jiu-jitsu story. When you get a minute, tell us yours at www.GracieUniversity.com.